Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The exciting delivery



So I really tried to keep up with this blogging but as with most things time got by me and I never got around to updating. Well now that I am stuck in the house most days I decided to try and get back in to it.

As most people know Mr Davis Michael Breland decided to make an early debut Feb 8th. I did have this plan on being induced March 2 but he had other ideas. This pregnancy has been weird since the beginning. It has also taught me never to joke. I will elaborate
bad joke number 1: Some girls were pregnant at work and I made the comment that it would be so fun to all be pregnant at the same time......one week later positive pregnancy test. well more like 3 positive tests (I had to be sure).
Joke 2 (more like a feeling): So anyone who knows me knows I am a dreamer. So thinking of our future son I told Matt (who is very realistic) that our baby would come out with a head full of brown hair. His response "you have no way of knowing that". Well obviously im a rockstar at guessing :)
Joke 3: The week prior to Davis I told some people at work that in a way I thought it would be fun to have the whole experience of going in to labor at home and calling Matt saying it was time (you know the whole movie experience). I will go in to more detail on how this was a bad idea later.
Joke 4: I am not kidding. the morning of I told Matt before he left. Would you freak out if I called you and told you I was in labor today? His response yes and you better not if you are not seriously in labor. I told him ill try to restrain myself.

So I guess this is where I tell the story of Feb 8, 2011
With the last joke Matt left for school around 9am Tues morning. I started feeling these weird cramps around 9:45. These felt different than the braxton hicks (practice contractions) that I normally had. It was more like a pressure. Well I texted Matt and told him about it. He of course said call the doctor. I called my doctor around 10am with very mild cramps and they told me to lay on my left side drink lots of water and count my contractions. I started counting at 10:26 and kept up with all the times by texting Matt while he was in class. They stayed between 4-6 min apart. Not painful but not comfortable. After and hour I called my nurse and she said to come in at 1 for a check. I then wrote Matt and told him I know I told you this morning that it would be funny but I am being serious I think this may be it. He responded with "so do you want me to come home"!!!!!! Oh Matthew! So I got out of bed and just to be sure packed a quick bag did some dishes and got everything in the car. Oh and I also had Will to deal with. I got him dressed and also packed in the car. I still did not think this was the real thing but since my pressure cramps were getting worse I wanted to take no chances. I had already sent an apology text to Matt just in case they told me this was just early labor and not time. Matt got home around 12:45 and we took Will to daycare. The whole drive I told Matt that if this is not labor I do NOT want to go in to labor at home b/c this sucked. I got to the doctor around 1:20 and even took the stairs b/c I hate the elevator unless I have a stroller. So every few stairs I would have my breath taken away so next time I will take the elevator. Once we got in to the waiting room we just hung out until it was time to go back. My nurse actually called me to make sure I was still coming in. Once I got back we did the normal blood pressure check then back to the exam room. As soon as my doctor came in I said I am so sorry for this but I can't function with these cramps. He looked at me and I could tell he was prepared to say this is just early contractions and go home to rest. Well he then checked me and his face was priceless. I was 6cm and he said it was go time. I wish someone would have taken a picture of my face at that time. I was SHOCKED!!!!! On the way to labor and delivery I was trying to get myself ready to have another baby. It was def not enough time. I got downstairs and it went so quick after that. I was trying to call and text everyone I could. Family friends, photographer and of course my boss saying I would not be at work the next day. Once I got my epidural I was already 8cm and the next check I was 10cm so it was time to push. With 2 pushes he was ready. So we called the doctor to rush back down and deliver the baby. In the meantime I was told he had a head full of brown hair and I in very few words gave Matt an I told you so :). Once the doctor made it down it was two more pushes and Little Davis was out. He was a beautiful 5lb 7oz 19in long.

It was the craziest day of my life and I would like to think a little like the movies. I feel like I learned a lot about myself
1. NEVER joke about anything when it comes to pregnancy!
2. I do not want to ever go in labor on my own it is painful and really not as enjoyable to go through it as it is to watch it on tv.
3. 2 Babies is WAY more than 1

Well that is our day in a nutshell and I apologize with any poor grammar. I will have Matt fix anything that does not make sense.

I will try to update more frequently but don't hold me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment